What's new
What's new

Coolant filter bags

What is Haas charging for them? I've had my VF-2SS for almost a year now and have only gone through one filter. Every morning it gets cleaned. The only reason I had to toss the first one was due to the fact I had a severe fungus problem with the old coolant and it clogged it up solid!!

Replaced the coolant, replaced the filter, and it's been great!

If I remember correctly they charge a ton for the filters, something like 25 bucks a piece. I went to a company called Loama for filter paper. FABRIC ROLLS: coolant filter paper I cut up the filter paper to fit the existing basket and it works good. I have a life time supply (3 huge rolls) for just over a hundred bucks.

Maybe I'm missing something, but don't see how any of those bags in your link will fit the grate in the coolant return tray on the machines.

For the cost, and having to cut them up to fit, and never having them secured around the coolant filter tray, I'd rather spend the money on the ones from Haas which fit securely and are a breeze to clean out every morning.

I'll find out from Steve at HFO Trident in Ct. on Monday. Those guys in parts and service at that HFO are the best!

Best Regards,
Russ

May require some reverse engineering. I bought some of these for the cobbled-together coolant filtration system for my Mitsui surface grinder. I made a frame out of 3 inch diameter perforated ABS and put the filter and frame inside a 4 inch diameter ABS drain that leads back into the coolant tank. I have no idea if there is a solution to the OP's application on this page.

What I did was to put a 20" well filter in my coolant line, .5 micron. Filter elements are 20" long, about 4" od dirt cheap.
They work great! 3/4" or 1" NPT in and out.
I use a sheet of gray scotch-brite as a heavy filter over the coolant pan drain to catch the really big stuff... made a little frame to hold it there.

What I did was to put a 20" well filter in my coolant line, .5 micron. Filter elements are 20" long, about 4" od dirt cheap.
They work great! 3/4" or 1" NPT in and out.
I use a sheet of gray scotch-brite as a heavy filter over the coolant pan drain to catch the really big stuff... made a little frame to hold it there.

Sounds like something I made up, see picture. This is a must have on my newer machines to keep the coolant lines from clogging up with chips, for my needs though, I can use 50 or 100 micron without any issues.

I use this to control the larger chips entering the tray - AIR HANDLER Filter Media Roll,85 ft.Lx16Wx1In. T - Filter Media Rolls - 6U596|6U596 - Grainger Industrial Supply - just cut to length.

I only need the inline filter on my newer machines that have the coolant return at the rear of the tank next to the pump.

Attachments

• Aux Filter Resized.jpg
    Aux Filter Resized.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3,179

Back