What's new
What's new

draw bar issue with a vf2

stacebg

Plastic
my machine sat idle for a few weeks
the tool changes seemed different but does the change... but if i do a manual change i cant push the tool holder into the spindle far enough to engage the cogs / keys...but it will pull the tool in and hold it ..
appreciate any help

Stacy

my machine sat idle for a few weeks
the tool changes seemed different but does the change... but if i do a manual change i cant push the tool holder into the spindle far enough to engage the cogs / keys...but it will pull the tool in and hold it ..
appreciate any help
Stacy

There are 4 balls that are used to grab ahold of the pull stud. When the draw bar is compressed, these balls are allowed to float and open up so the tool can be inserted/removed. Perhaps the retention balls in your drawbar are corroded or contaminated somehow.

How is the quality of your air? Any moisture?
Is the area around the retention balls clean?

There are 4 balls that are used to grab ahold of the pull stud. When the draw bar is compressed, these balls are allowed to float and open up so the tool can be inserted/removed. Perhaps the retention balls in your drawbar are corroded or contaminated somehow.

How is the quality of your air? Any moisture?
Is the area around the retention balls clean?

someone suggested greasing pull knob to grease balls... but to no avail..
i did try to push the tool / balls up a little..
holding tool change button i pushed up a little on the tool with a pc of wood to see if maybe the balls were stuck .. didnt seem to move..

filters and dryers all in working order...

my year old vf4 is the same way ,,, from the first day it came to life the keys can`t touch when I put tools in by hand , I just line them up and it seems to work ok. I`m wondering if its something to do with trying to get the tools to pop out. there might be a pin in there or something that pushes the tools out on the newer machines?

Back