What's new
What's new

EC400 PP Piece of Garbage! Zero Support From Haas

nitrousmudbogger

Aluminum
We purchased an EC400 Pallet Pool last spring a year ago new. We have had nothing but problems. Pallet changer door problems, tool changer door brackets fell off allowing arm to smash into the lower door, tools stick in the spindle if run for more than 30 minutes (you have to pound them out with a dead blow) every alarm you can think of, probe quit on Y, then X, they reflashed ecu three times, screen goes to sleep with no way to wake back up have to shut machine off, more chips go into the coolant tank than the conveyor making someone clean chip trap out every pallet, power up restart would change to tool one but sit for hours thinking about it preventing you from powering up and restarting (parameters had to be changed eliminate switching to tool 1), chips in coolant nozzles and lines need to be cleaned every 20-30hrs or no coolant flow, high pressure pump periodically does not work (welded tools, no coolant), low pressure pump sounds like a hydraulic motor periodically, chip augers had to be replaced(steel was wound backwards), I could keep going for another hour or two but im sure I lost most people by now.

How in the hell do you get Haas to take back a lemon that has had 14 service calls, and hundreds of hours of fixing? Corporate tells me oh we will talk about it and get back to you when hell freezes over, local salesman says we will take care of it. Weeks then months go by with NOTHING!
They wont even let me talk to management at corporate. Im am the person stuck with having to complain on a forum to hopefully get their attention, so frustrated I could cry. Oh and it case you wonder we currently have about 400 hours on the machine in one YEAR.

You need to check the consumer rights laws in your state, but even if they're not great you might try finding a lawyer with experience dealing with commercial fraud cases. If you've been sold a faulty machine, you have the right to demand it be fixed properly or replaced/refunded. Sometimes a lawyer is needed, this sound like one of them.

Sounds like a our DMG 1035 we tried being nice and working with them all and all just lip service DMG Service Sucks. I know where you're coming from. This all you can do until someone steps up to the plate and helps you.

If anyone else is having haas issues please contact me, I have had so many people telling me their Haas horror stories now Im thinking there may be a class action lawsuit here. I have never sued anyone but I am fricken over it, this is our livelihood and how I would like to feed my family.

Something exceptional.

This never ever happens with Haas, ever, as a rule, brand, machine. And yes - I do know for a fact.
I am not involved with them, any more, but am 100% certain they will fix it, fast, some way, to Your satisfaction.

If You cannot get resolution - PM me.
I will get You a responsible contact person.

I don´t make money at this today, have no personal interest, but when I did, my experiences were extremely positive and very different.
I know 100% they want to fix Your problems.
I was the sales manager for Spain, and have met all the top guys.

I can guarantee 100% this is not how they do business.
My only interest is to help resolve this as a favor to the brand and some of my friends who own major businesses.
They always treated every customer fabulously.

Also;
The situation will start to get fixed.
(I wont, quite, start it as we don´t know each other, et al, and I am not working/involved at it).
Please be fair, and report on the positive steps.
It´s ok, imho, to complain publicly if they don´t respond.

When they do, please do remember to add this as well.

I've had great experience with haas for decades, and am a fanboy.
That being said some of their machine design ideas regarding chip control and tool ejection are a sad joke. You just gotta know that going in; that is the cost of saving money up front compared to the premium Japanese machines.
As far as the other issues, some hell needs to be raised.

Sounds like they have been giving service and support. Although not to your satisfaction, it's a bit of a stretch to call it ZERO on a public forum.
Better get them to reset the time-counter on the ! year waranty since the down time has made it unusable for so long

I'm sure they will fix it. But this is not the first Haas pallet pool complaint here on PM. They seem kinda hokey..............

Six months ago I was so fed up with this machine we puchased a security camera system we installed to view the control, tool changer, etc. I have over 30 VIDEOS!!! of the errors just in the last 6 months! Im going to start a YouTube channel "Haas POS" and start posting as haas is requesting them from me now. Well everyone else might as well get to see them too.

1) Create a YouTube channel and post them. Don't editorialize....you won't need to.

2) Send them a letter asking them to take back the lemon. Send link to YT channel. Be courteous, be professional.

3) Get a lawyer. Forget "class-action", that'll get you nowhere.

I predict they will take of you before step 3.

I think the Youtube video of it would be a great idea, as others have stated, be professional about it, no need to bad mouth it because the video will do all the talking.

If I were in the business of selling machinery the last thing I would want is that video doing "advertising" of my product, I would be doing what I had to do to get you to delete video.

Good luck, hope it gets worked out soon, customers could give a shit less about your machine problems, they just want delivery of their parts, sucks when you have to fight every damn day with a POS machine to make that delivery.

make youtube channel at your own risk. If my customer did that to me, but still wanted help....well that aint happenin

Might just end up making you look like a douche.

We understand cutting a check for a new piece of equipment and not getting much value out of it blows. Majorly.
I could keep going for another hour or two but im sure I lost most people by now.

How in the hell do you get Haas to take back a lemon that has had 14 service calls, and hundreds of hours of fixing?

sounds like you're to blame for letting months go by without holding their feet to the fire. Maybe i don't know the details, but if i invested a Quarter million dollars on what is being described as a POS (with the major issues you list apparently being just the tip of the iceberg), i would be on the phone every single day bitching...and would have went the lawyer route long ago. The downtime would have eisily paid for the difference on a premium Hori. I would want it our of my shop ASAP.

so are you just venting and exaggerating? or is this mill really that bad?

Its really that bad!
We have talked to Haas twice today, all we get is lets fix it lets fix it now. If 14 service calls, us down all the time for breakage or repair isnt enough. This is when enough is enough. Manufacture needs to take responsibility and remove this lemon from our shop. As for it taking a year all we have done is get the lets fix it lets fix it. Tough to fix something that has a different problem every other day

Be persistent as hell and keep on them, BUT, if you attitude is poor and you bash them then you will not get the service you need. What if You had to deal with You, would you like it?

Go to corporate.

I'd take Hanermo up on his offer....

I have had very few issues with my Haas HFO...the one time I did I called factory and they very much got involved and called back after to verify problems were corrected. I place nice for a short while...

Sounds like you need a very good tech to go thru machine rather then someone coming out to just get it working.

If anyone else is having haas issues please contact me, I have had so many people telling me their Haas horror stories now Im thinking there may be a class action lawsuit here. I have never sued anyone but I am fricken over it, this is our livelihood and how I would like to feed my family.

Class action lawsuit = you get NOTHING, bottom feeder lawyers get rich!

Six months ago I was so fed up with this machine we puchased a security camera system we installed to view the control, tool changer, etc. I have over 30 VIDEOS!!! of the errors just in the last 6 months! Im going to start a YouTube channel "Haas POS" and start posting as haas is requesting them from me now. Well everyone else might as well get to see them too.

Stop talking about it. I had to do that with my Xbox 360 was being a pos sent it back to microsoft three times finally before they gave me a new one and bunch of games and xbox live cards because I would keep making post on the xbox forum all I had to do was take the posts down.

An effective thing to do is to gather all your video evidence and post to YouTube, making them "unlisted". Then, send all the links to the appropriate parties, from your HFO up to and including the President of Haas. Let them SEE the problems you are having. Again, you needn't editorialize. Make sure they know you are losing money on this machine, and what your actual running time has been. THEY KNOW you can flip a switch and make all these videos public, but you've given them the opportunity to do the right thing. (I recently did exactly this with a 3D printer company, and they took care of me.)

Afterward, make sure you shout about them doing the right thing! Be courteous, be professional.

They do not sell MORE machines by you having a lemon.

(Oh, and I had some issues with Haas, and they *did* take care of me.)

Talked to corporate yesterday twice with no resolution. Spoke with VP of sales, VP customer relations, their underlings, my hfo on a conference call. They said they needed more time and would call me today. Have not heard anything thus far.
In our conversations yesterday they offered to fix it, we asked when enough was enough for us being down with the machine constantly being fixed. Crickets.
They verbally said they didnt feel 14 service calls and hundreds of hours of down time was too much.

You're fighting the good fight. I don't know your state laws, but after a respectful pause for them to rectify things, it's time for a Demand Letter from your attorney. And publishing your videos.

Back