What's new
What's new

Error code 3.316

scojen

Stainless
OK so we finally set up the TM2P yesterday and tried to run the first program. Run fine right up to the first Z move where we got an error code 3.316. I tried to research this thru the machines help screen and the internet with absolutely no luck finding info about this code. Surely someone besides Haas has run into this and knows what it means and a fix. The owner will be around on Monday and I sure would like things running smoothly when he shows up.

Post your code. What line is it on when it errors? Also, when it errors and stops, if you push the edit key, the control usually shows the line of code causing the error. Might be the line before or after, but usually right there.......

"3.316 Z axis over travel range" Usually generated if you command the axis to move beyond it limits. (for example if the Z axis only travels 10" and you try to send it to Z-11")

So likely bad combination of fixture and tool offsets, maybe commanding a Z positive position before calling the offset.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner or actually an answer to what I did not see when setting up the work offsets thanks again. Remember don't call us old we know that and you will never know what its like until it is you. ;^)

Back