What's new
What's new

G52 - Reset on power-up

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys

Is there a way to tell the Haas control to reset the G52 workshift to 0 upon POWER-UP,
BUT!!!
I do NOT want it to reset at M30 or by RESET!

As to a reason why:

Just came to a realization that I have been negligent in the past with some of my programs where G52 was employed.
Not all, just some.
Basically whenever I use G52 nowadays, I BEGIN and END the program with a G52 X0 Y0 Z0.
Unfortunately, some of my older programs neglected the cancellation of the shift at the END of the program.
Yes, I can and will shift through them as time progresses, but it's likely that some will slip through my short attention span.

Again, I'd only want it to self reset upon power-up!

Thank You

Guys

Is there a way to tell the Haas control to reset the G52 workshift to 0 upon POWER-UP,
BUT!!!
I do NOT want it to reset at M30 or by RESET!

As to a reason why:

Just came to a realization that I have been negligent in the past with some of my programs where G52 was employed.
Not all, just some.
Basically whenever I use G52 nowadays, I BEGIN and END the program with a G52 X0 Y0 Z0.
Unfortunately, some of my older programs neglected the cancellation of the shift at the END of the program.
Yes, I can and will shift through them as time progresses, but it's likely that some will slip through my short attention span.

Again, I'd only want it to self reset upon power-up!

Thank You

Doesn't look like the different values for setting 33 would accommodate that. Do you run a warmup program every day? Maybe could put it in there?

No, not necessarily, though that IS a very good idea.

Wonder if there is a 90000 program that is associated with the Power Up-Restart ...
Perhaps if that can be edited .

Back