What's new
What's new

G76 Threading Cycle

djm77

Aluminum
Hi all,

I am producing a 6mm pitch thread on a TL2 and was wondering if there is anyway of avoiding having to go throught the whole canned cyle again and again to achieve my required Pitch Diameter. On a manual lathe I would obviously just measure across the thread and then take however many other passes I needed to, to achieve my required dimension.

The only way I can see to do it on the TL2 is to tweak my X offset and then run the whole canned cycle again. Pretty long winded on a thread with that course a pitch and only taking 0.05 DOC.

Is there any way I can just take a few finishing passes to take my thread down to size as you would on a manual?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

This is what I do on our TL1 when doing ones and two piece threading. Copy the code and paste it just below the original code to run the cycle again. Adjust the X depth to make the minor diameter to what you want and change D (depth of cut) to maximum allowed depth. Of course you can always just adjust D in original code but be sure to set it basck when statring a new part.

Go get em!

Athack

Cheers Athack. I went with just tweaking the DOC as it was only a one off. I changed it back straight away though just in case the job comes up again.

little.one.der I had a look in the manual for the G92, I think I will try it out when I have a little more time and I am using a scrap piece of material. (at this rate that may be a couple of years though :D)

Thanks for both of yours help.

Back