What's new
What's new

Haas beep/stop spindle on alarm?

PriddyShiddy

Cast Iron
Is there a setting or way to stop the spindle and or beep on alarm? I run a lot of different programs that all require post post processor finger CAM and macros run which means I frequently remind myself of my own humanity. Mistakes happen. Last night the machine alarmed on the 20th of 114 parts and sat, spindle running for 9 hours. Any way to stop the spindle when it's just sitting there flashing the red light? Happens during the day too... I'm in the office and after an hour or two I'll go out to change parts on another machine and see one sitting there flashing. NO beep even though beep on M0 M01 M30 is ON. Last night Power Off on M30 was on. Just kinda seems like an ALARM should be a great time for beeps as well (you know... like... an ALARM) or at least stop the spindle so I can hear the change and not waste the power and belt wear and precious time.

Guess you could tie the red light output to the door circuit in some fashion, that way it could stop the spindle. What type of alarm is it?

The one last night was 312? sub program end before m99 (file transfer error on USB). This morning I had an alarm on the other mill from changing a drill depth without changing the tap depth (love that overload tool saver) that likely sat for 30 minutes before I noticed it was suspiciously quiet. Most often though they are Program not found since I have one program calling up to 12 different programs [all 12 of which change every 3-6 hour run]. Every now and then I fat finger a program number when loading and there is no program O#### so it just sits there spinning the spindle for no reason all night long.

Back