What's new
What's new

Haas control hour display question

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
2001 Haas HMC.. if you press "current commands" and then page down twice the machine control on and run hours displays in large font.

If I press "param/diagnostics" twice and then page up or down should the hour figures match ?

I ask this because I didn't know about the param/diagnostics trick and saw hours only at the current commands page...but the hours are pretty low and just want to confirm they weren't reset at some point somehow.

(and now the machine is disconnected from power so can't check p/d page for a week or so)

IIRC to get to the Hours.

1) turn off parameter lock
2) go to alarm screen and type debug. A bunch of letters and stuff should pop up.
3) go to the position screen
4) page up or down until you get to the hours screen
5) make sure you go back to the alarm screen and re enter debug
6) turn on the parameter loc

These timers can be reset if the control software is reloaded, but otherwise they aren't user resetable.

OK, thanks guys...maybe by the end of next week I can check out the proper page. The machine looks nearly new but has only 700 milling hours on the current command page....which just seems too low to believe to me even if it does look that good. I would guess it's more like 2,000 hours based on conversation with ex employee who ran it... but we'll see...

Also keep in mind that when a Haas tech. updates the software version the hours automatically reset.

If this is the machine from the Thurs. sale at Triad Machine, it had alot more hours then that. I had copy of the Haas maintenance log for the that machine at Triad, if that is the machine you bought and would like the maintenance log from Haas let me know and I will try to find the copy that I had.

Back