What's new
What's new

Haas eNet Port

Lightmod

Plastic
Hey All,
Trying to talk to the eNet port. Have communication, pings fine. FV 13.001-13.009 PCB installed. Docs say it only supports communication in Windows Server NT, 2K, 2003, & 2008. Has anyone successfully installed a virtual machine on the local computer connected to the Haas eNet to enable Networking?
Or has everyone just put a server between the Hass and an existing network?
Needing to transfer files between three workstations and the Haas.
Thank You

I have semi successfully networked v17 in that I could fnc or read files from a network drive. However nothing I tried would get the haas to show up as a drive to my windows 7 machine. Their network stack isn't sufficiently developed I suppose. After half a day of trying I moved on. I'd like to get try one of those wifi usb sticks, although I am a bit skittish about the ability to change files while they are being fnc'd.

I have semi successfully networked v17 in that I could fnc or read files from a network drive. However nothing I tried would get the haas to show up as a drive to my windows 7 machine. Their network stack isn't sufficiently developed I suppose. After half a day of trying I moved on. I'd like to get try one of those wifi usb sticks, although I am a bit skittish about the ability to change files while they are being fnc'd.
Thank You for the reply.
I have had similar results. I'm wondering if there are any better results using an older FV PCB revision. I'm going to try a Server 2003 Machine to see if mapping the drive will work from a legacy OS. Going to be a couple a months for production to ramp down. Hoping to get this working or discover the work around.

Back