What's new
What's new

Haas Factory Tour

Eric U

Hot Rolled
I'm out in LA visiting the in-laws. My wife was busy doing some computer work for her mother's business so I got a tour scheduled for today of the Haas factory in Oxnard. They gave me a one-on-one tour for an hour. It wasn't down on the factory floor, but it was informative anyway. We just walked the catwalks while Pete gave me the guided tour. The scale of their operation was impressive to my 1200sf shop mentality. Pretty cool that they would take the time out of their day to show me around. It's not like I'm going to be buying a dozen machines any time soon, but they still treated me well.

Eric U

Thanks for the visit

Really glad that you enjoyed the tour Eric. It is great that you had the time to get away and come visit us. Thanks. Have a happy holidays and new year.

Having been to the factory dozens of times, I would say that Haas is one of the most inviting, and warmest companies to visit. Always welcoming. It has helped them become so popular.

Back in the mid 90's was my first Haas open house visit and tour. I went as a student in the machining technology program, San Diego City Collage. This past year when Haas announced their first open house in years, I booked the flight. My second tour of Haas was as a small business owner supporting 5 people with of course Haas equipment as part of it. Just bought my first 4th axis two weeks ago! (Haas of course)

The tour's are outstanding and show an outstanding company to do business with.

Mark

I went to their Haastech event in 2010 and was very impressed with their factory. We got a tour of where they build the Haas machines, assembly line, where they grind the cast base, etc. They had a couple of golf carts driving us around all over the place, great day.

Info on

I lived in SoCal most of my life and even worked in Camereo for awhile. Never visited the Hass up the road. Is is true that they use Mori-Seki's to make all of their parts?

There are a few foreign make machines in the factory, but not even nearly all of them. I'm guessing less than half. There are many robot loaded Haas manufacturing cells for a variety of parts. I don't even remember seeing any Mori-Seki's.

Eric U

Haas Machinery

There are about 300 metal cutting machines the Haas machine shop. Over 200 of them are Haas machines and their average age is more than 8 years old.

Thanks for the info. Someone I know back in the early 90's told me that and I couldn't beleive it. Now I know.

i see this comment a lot and most by the guys that have something against haas, guys that have heard it 3rd person....haas doesn't make anything in house. their videos on the website allows even those that have never been to the factory to get a good glimpse of what goes on inside. they do have a large fms cell of 630 mm mori's i'm not even sure if the ec-630 was out yet when they installed this cell. for the most part if haas has a machine in their line up that can handle the parts needed it'll be on the floor. i think with the new lathe lineup coming online you'll see a lot of the jap machines disappearing.

haven't been out to the factory since i was right out of college....definately would like to get back out there soon. one thing for sure every year there are a lot of changes that go on at that place.

Back