What's new
What's new

Haas HA5C with Haas S5C servo Controller does not work

Petergun

Aluminum
I recently purchased a Haas HA5C rotary 4th axis with a Haas S5C controller box. When we first turn it on we get a (A Hot) alarm after pressing cycle start it then locks up and has to be restarted to get rid of the alarm. I am not sure if this an electrical issue or a mechanical issue. Does anyone have a list of the proper parameters for this setup. The motor is a Reliance Electric Model E642 (Haas part # 93-5102 17pin 1000L S5C Motor). The cable is 14 pins. have Red & Black for motor power, Green ground, Encoder wires are Red, White, Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange, Brown and Black out of the Encoder. Don't know why motor is marked 17 pins? There is only 12 wires out of the motor counting the shield as one? Hope that some one can help with this. There is no mention of this alarm in book. Thanks

I have a 5C but not the controller box so cannot help with that part.
14 Pins - is that the cable to the mill? My older machine has 14 pin on all axis plus the A. The A axis is brush output. Brushless machines have 17 pin connectors though not sure about the A axis. Brush A axis can be used on a brushless servo card by using two inductors on two of the motor output wires (shown in the service manual).
The 14 pin uses only two pins (E/F) for the motor whilst the 17 pin uses four (E/F and J/H).
The 14 pin does not have a brake output, the 17 uses H/M.
Presumably you have a Renco encoder. That is their colour coding on the wires. Differential pair output, not TTL.
These are for connecting an A axis directly to the mill:

Encoder 17Pin Cable 14Pin Cable 7Pin MOTIF P9
BK (GND) WT/RD K J (+WT/BK) BL P9.1
BR (Z+ CH) OR P I OR BK P9.6
OR (Z- CH) WT/OR C C WT/OR RD P9.5
BL (B- CH) YE N G YE -
GN (B+ CH) WT/YE B B WT/YE OR P9.3
YE (A- CH) BR M D BR -
WT (A+ CH) WT/BR A A WT/BR WT P9.2
RD (+5V) RD L K RD BR P9.4
GN P9.7 (SHIELD)
MOTOR
MOTOR WT E/F E WT
MOTOR BK J/H F BK
GND GN/YE G N GN/YE

TEMPERATURE
TEMP BK L L BK
TEMP WT/BK T J (WT/RD)

HOME SWITCH
HOME RD L -
HOME BK K -
HOME BL D -

BRAKE H (UNUSED)
BRAKE M (UNUSED)

I presume your parameters are in the controller box and not the mill?
From the rotary that I built I have these parameters:
PARAMETER ROTARY
P 96
D 7500
I 48
RATIO 4000
MAX T 480K
ACCEL 1.2M
MAX SPEED 360K
MAX ERROR 4000
FUSE 300K
BACK EMF 210
STEP 8000
BACKLASH 6 0
DEADZONE 0 0

Ratio and Step depend upon the gear ratio and encoder.

Posting took out all the tab spacing!

The Haas HA5C rotary that I have does not have a home sensor, just the motor and encoder wires so presumably it uses the Z pulse.
The HRT9 that my friend has does have a magnetic pickup for home (I replaced it so I do know).

Back