What's new
What's new

Haas hsm demo only good for one month or 200 hours

Yellowluv406

Plastic
My dealer informed me today that Haas changed the demo time on there machines. It is still 200 hours, but also one month. Has anybody heard of this yet or was it a tactic to try to get me to purchase everything up front?

As far as I know, this is usual with Haas. I think is good when you aren't sure about the control options you need in the beginning, so you can add them later. The cost is the same, which IMHO is close to insulting.
Keep in mind that the 200 hours is control hours, not actual machining time. You can activate and deactivate the option at your convenience.
I didn't hear about the 1 month before.

One thing I can say about HSM, is that once I bought it this year (08VF2D)my cycle times reduced by 25% on the program I was running, and all the vibration and jerking of the machine was smoothed out. Well worth it for me.

I had my dealer recheck on the 1 month time limit and he said he was mistaken. It is still like it always has been. 200 hours

One thing I can say about HSM, is that once I bought it this year (08VF2D)my cycle times reduced by 25% on the program I was running, and all the vibration and jerking of the machine was smoothed out. Well worth it for me.

Seriously though thaf should be stock, Fanuc stopped pulling that BS a decade ago

Sent from my _Phone to you

Seriously though thaf should be stock, Fanuc stopped pulling that BS a decade ago

Sent from my _Phone to you

Would be nice if it was. It cost quite a lot to add to the machine here - as an add-on way after the initial purchase.

But is has been worth it. Not just to remove the shaking (which was not just annoying but also causing the machine's floor pads to find their way loose after a period of time)but the cycle time reductions have been from 15 to 25% depending on the program, so far.

Back