What's new
What's new

HAAS jog stuttering

MillingMan

Plastic
I have run many cnc machines over the years, among them two HAAS. A VF2 and now a new to me VF5. After running it today for the first time, I noticed that when it's put in handle jog mode and .001 step it stutters like it's pausing between every other .001 step. I have never seen any machine I have ever ran do this, so I know that it's just this particular machine. It's does it in .010 steps as well but it isn't as frequently as when it's in .001.

Has anyone every experienced this before on there HAAS and have a solution, it's not so much a big hindrance to it's operation but more of an annoyance.

Does the monitor show it's bouncing between or are you hearing the humming like it's caught in between?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Is this on the Next-Gen control?
If yes, then get a software update as that will fix it.

If you search the board, you will find references to erratic jogging with this new POS control.
It is now fixed however.

It's not bouncing back and forth, it's pausing between each .001 step of the handwheel. Where as if it's in .010 and you start spinning the handle fast it doesn't pause unless you slow the turning of the jog handle down. Then it will hesitate in between each click of the handle.

The machine is a 2008, so it's not the next gen control.

Back