What's new
What's new

Haas lathe error codes

j miller

Plastic
I have an ST20 cnc lathe. I regularly get the '174 tool load exceeded'coming up, however tip is fine and only taking small cut. Can this parameter be changed as I feel it is over sensitive. Also '828 axis data fault' is another problem I have with this lathe.Any help guys

There is a parameter that might affect this. I don't remember it right now. Something to do with tool life monitoring, or related. Call the local HFO when you can. Likely the tech support guy will tell you in about 30 seconds....... good luck!

I have an ST20 cnc lathe. I regularly get the '174 tool load exceeded'coming up, however tip is fine and only taking small cut. Can this parameter be changed as I feel it is over sensitive. Also '828 axis data fault' is another problem I have with this lathe.Any help guys

Well the tool load stuff you can see if you hit current commands and press page down 5(?) times. View max so far and max allowable. Set to what you want... Hit 'Origin' to reset back to 0
Setting 84 to tell the machine what to do if limit is reached.

You can also view and set these with macro variables which is neat. Handy for repeat jobs that you need to closely monitor.

#5801-#5850 Tool load monitor maximum load sensed so far
#5901-#6000 Tool load monitor limit

I've found that it can be absolute shit on the lathe, since the spindle load goes crazy when you use CSS and the cutter nears the center of the part. The load reading isn't very accurate if the spindle is accelerating a whole bunch. Quite nice to use on the mills though, except if you have a NGC... which has the same problem with the spindle accelerating. (changing speeds, or restarting like on a boring cycle). Works great on the old control.

Our ST-30 is worthless with the limits , will alarm out constantly when ramping up if any of the tools have a limit set , doesn't matter if that's the tool even being used at the time .

Back