What's new
What's new

Haas Setup Mode Function on TL2?

bsg

Titanium
Here's my problem, I want to be able to file a part with the chuck guard up, at this point I have to hold the forward button on the control and file with my left hand, not good!

I have a 2013 Haas TL2 lathe with enclosure, software L11-14a, in setup mode in the manual it says you can run the spindle at a limited rpm? I know the manual is generic but at this point I cannot get confirmation that this is normal for my machine?

At this point I am unable to enter setup mode (lock Icon Open).

The switches have been checked and the machine does recognize the switch position, setup key locked or unlocked.
However when you cycle the setup key you do not get the beep, but you do from the memory lock key.

I have been going back and forth with Haas and my HFO trying to find out if my machine is functioning properly, no one seems to know for sure?

Any one out there with the same software level or later able to check their TL lathe and let me know if this is normal?

Any help would be appreciated!

Kevin

Setting 51 is door hold overide or something like that. You can change that and should be able to run with door open, ours does. I was told that Haas was going to remove this override so you may not have setting 51.

Setting 51 is door hold overide or something like that. You can change that and should be able to run with door open, ours does. I was told that Haas was going to remove this override so you may not have setting 51.

I can machine with the doors open.....I need to be able to have the chuck guard open to file an edge if needed!
If your in setup mode you are supposed to be able to have the spindle on at a reduced rpm.
I'm unable to get the machine into setup mode!

Athack do you have access to a TL series machine?

Kevin

How old is your machine?

Can you get your machine into setup mode where the padlock icon is open above the input line?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

Kevin,

The machine is 2008 with software 09 098A updated 2010. When I turn the setup key no icons appear or disappear.

Setting 51 is changed every day we start the machine so we can run with door/chuck hood open.

Back