What's new
What's new

Haas SMini Mill - parameter page favor

precisionmetal

Stainless
Does anyone have a mid-2000's Super Mini Mill with a 15k spindle that could take a photo of one particular Parameter page and PM it to me?

The page I'm looking for is the Spindle page, (Parameter 131 should be in the top left corner on that page). A photo of that single page would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
PM

Does anyone have a mid-2000's Super Mini Mill with a 15k spindle that could take a photo of one particular Parameter page and PM it to me?

The page I'm looking for is the Spindle page, (Parameter 131 should be in the top left corner on that page). A photo of that single page would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
PM

I have a 2006 with the 15k if that will work. I can get it for you tomorrow night....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

paris_tj,

That would be great, thank you! There may be one or two other pages of interest as well, but I'll post more here later tonight after a bit more investigation.

Long story short, a Haas technician was out for a completely unrelated issue, and after his work, my spindle will only turn 10k. I found Parameter 131 (Max Spindle Speed) had been changed to 10000, so I changed it back to 15000, but all that did was cause the spindle to run at 2/3 of the programmed speed. (e.g., M03 S7500 causes the spindle to run at 5000rpm). wth? LOL

Still digging -- really appreciate your reply and willingness to assist.

PM

This?
71836dd8ac3f01d09b0105f7d344e309.jpg

If this is not it or you need others let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well... those are *exactly* my settings. (though of course my machine has the issue I described previously).

I wonder if you could check one other thing for me? On bootup, can you take a photo of the splash screen so I can see what version number of operating software is on your machine?

This is mine: (and once again: Thank You!)

version.jpg

Well, the tech is a ways away (I'm about 4:30 driving from the location the tech comes from). They have been "responsive", but I believe a number of people are scratching their head on this one.

Unfortunately, I didn't catch this for just over a month (since the tech was here on something completely unrelated), as I hadn't run anything over 10k in a bit. The other day I had a fairly small end mill and had programmed 12,500, and noticed the machine was only going 10k. Hmmm. Found Parameter 131 (which is Max Spindle speed) and it was set to 10k. (wth?). I set it to 15k, and the moment I did my spindle would only run 2/3 of programmed speed.

When it finally gets resolved, I'll post the solution (and *hopefully* the cause as well!) here in case anyone else runs into it. Of course I'm "assuming" a solution is in the works, hahaha!!

Thx
PM

You, my friend, are absolutely correct.

Somewhere in the dumping/reloading of parameters the Haas service guy did, parameter 183 (Max Spindle Frequency) was changed to 16667. I went back through my mountain of screenshots and found that originally it was 25000. Changed it, and voila... I'm back to 15k and everything reads correctly.

Thank you!!, and thank you all.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Back