What's new
What's new

Haas Spindle on and cutting hours

brian.pallas

Hot Rolled
Hello,
I am looking at buying a used Haas machine. On the page in current commands where it shows power on on, cycle start, and feed cutting time, with the M30 counters - I know those numbers can be reset with the Origin button. I am trying to remember if it shows those numbers somewhere else in the parameters or debug menu's? Does anyone know a better way of getting that info off the machine?
Thanks.

Hours shown on "Current Commands" are resettable

This is from another thread, I saved it awhile ago:

1) turn off parameter lock
2) go to alarm screen and type debug. A bunch of letters and stuff should pop up.
3) go to the position screen
4) page up or down until you get to the hours screen
5) make sure you go back to the alarm screen and re enter debug
6) turn on the parameter lock

It is always best just to examine the machine and see that all is good on it now. Its overall condition and cleanliness is the best way to judge the machine.

The counters you can see are resettable and the ones you can see are changeable as all you have to do is dump the software and reload it. For example, I have a 96 that has 2000 software. The best it can be is that the hours I see are from 2000.

Hours are never the way to judge a machine. Try to determine what is was cutting and how often. Some shops run 24/7 with three shifts. Some run only a few hours a day 5 days a week. You might also check the alarm messages.

Mike

Hours are not "THE" way to judge a machine, but they are definitely "a" way. It's just a piece of information. Not taking account the hours it has ran, if you find it out reliably at all, would be like buying a car without looking at how many miles are on the odometer. It's not the only piece of information you use, but you want to know before making a decision.

Yes, alarm pages are a good thing to check also.

rustamd - Thank you, I thought that info was there, but didn't remember for sure.

Back