What's new
What's new

Haas ST20 Parts Catcher Adjusment?

athack

Stainless
Hello All,

New to the ST20 and am wondering if there is away to adjust how far the parts catcher moves? Checked the manual and there is nothing about an adjustment. The 2 problems we are having are. One, catcher doesn't get close enough to chuck. Two, with big diameter parts the catcher goes up and rubs on the parts.

If there is not an adjustment has anyone found a work around to either issue?

Thanks Athack

Make a little sheet metal piece and rivet to the catcher to get closer to chuck. I don't need to catch large diameter parts so no help there.

20170209_113444.jpg

You should be able to adjust it closer to the chuck, if it's anything like the one on my ST10. Loosen the locknut on that shaft and it slides in the Z-direction. Make sure you adjust the opening in the door too.

Or you want it closer than the adjustment will allow? Then I see the extra sheetmetal makes sense.

I don't think you can change the angle (easily) though...

You should be able to adjust it closer to the chuck, if it's anything like the one on my ST10. Loosen the locknut on that shaft and it slides in the Z-direction. Make sure you adjust the opening in the door too.

Or you want it closer than the adjustment will allow? Then I see the extra sheetmetal makes sense.

I don't think you can change the angle (easily) though...

Sidetalker

Thank you, I had adjusted the collar that lets it slide but then is was not lined u to the opening in the door. Thanks for tip regarding the door opening being adjustable.

Back