What's new
What's new

Haas Super mini mill door interlock

???

Titanium
I have just had a door interlock fail on a my machine, quoted $1800 by the local agent for a new part(Australian dollars. Its an Allen Bradley GuardMaster TLS1-GD2, price from Rockwell automation agent $500.

Has anyone replaced one of these before without purchasing it from HAAS, I'm looking for the actual Allen Bradley part number so that I can order the correct part without having to remove the interlock and drive across town with it and check it against the part in the store.

Quick and dirty fix, all the usual disclaimers. I drilled a hole in the side of the switch so I can toggle the solenoid to remove the switch and then cover it with a piece of tape to stop ingress of dirt etc.

I have a number of not thru Haas replacement switches and components on my machine. i am the owner and only operator. It's really a liability issue here in the libel suit happy US. If you have employees it is prudent measure to have "professional" installation of a OEM part.

If it's all you on your own - No worries!

Hi BGL
once again thanks for the feedback. Do you happen to know what the part numbers are.

I work on my own so have no employee liability issues.

Unfortunately not at the shop until this coming weekend. I can look into it then. My machine is a 1992 VF0 and may not be the same. I found solenoids by taking a picture and searching MAC valve part # on ebay. I got a great deal on new ones from an industrial surplus dealer. You should be able to drop it out just enough to get a good shot of it, a good parts guy should be able to help you quickly.

On my door I spliced in a toggle switch, I have had it out [switch on] for so long I have a strong habit of hitting feed hold/reset before opening the doors.

I have just had a door interlock fail on a my machine, quoted $1800 by the local agent for a new part(Australian dollars. Its an Allen Bradley GuardMaster TLS1-GD2, price from Rockwell automation agent $500.

Has anyone replaced one of these before without purchasing it from HAAS, I'm looking for the actual Allen Bradley part number so that I can order the correct part without having to remove the interlock and drive across town with it and check it against the part in the store.

Quick and dirty fix, all the usual disclaimers. I drilled a hole in the side of the switch so I can toggle the solenoid to remove the switch and then cover it with a piece of tape to stop ingress of dirt etc.

I guess I am a bit confused, you provided an Allen Bradley part number; TLS1-GD2. Is this switch different that what you have on your machine.

I got this result searching the number you provided. Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Omron -- Hundreds of brands repaired and supplied. Fast turnaround, clearance items, Allen Bradley, Modicon, Omron Programmable Logic, GE Fanuc, Reliance Electric

- Radwell.com

Another thing with blocking out the door lock - get in the habit of checking rpm before edge finding.

The spring can only stretch so far at high rpm... :dopeslap:

???, in response to your question. My machine uses the roller type limit switches. This is a picture one of a pair I bought years ago. Alleged to be newer than 1992 that my machine is. I hope its useful.
Cheers!

Haas Switch.jpg

Back