What's new
What's new

HAAS Tailstock problem on ST-10

ASARGENT

Cast Iron
I have an ST-10 with a tailstock. I haven't used the tailstock lately. It has the manually adjusted tailbody with the programmable quill. The tailbody is tightened down by a large bolt head on a cam. When I broke the bolt free, the tailstock would move on the ways. (It was stuck from lack of use) I cannot get the tailbody to tighten back up. I can spin the bolt both ways about 180 degrees and get it to tighten---but the tailbody still moves.

Anyone have a parts breakdown of that type of tailstock? Machine is 2 years old.

Thanks

Check to see that the part locking the tailstock from underneath is sitting in the track correctly.

I am not familiar with your ST-10 tailstock...but my SL-10 and manuals...if you loosen the locking bolt to much...the plate underneath can drop and rotate off the locking track. Then you tighten the bolt pulling the locking mechanism up past the track and will not lock tailstock.

Hard to see...but a hand underneath will tell the tail

Check to see that the part locking the tailstock from underneath is sitting in the track correctly.

I am not familiar with your ST-10 tailstock...but my SL-10 and manuals...if you loosen the locking bolt to much...the plate underneath can drop and rotate off the locking track. Then you tighten the bolt pulling the locking mechanism up past the track and will not lock tailstock.

Hard to see...but a hand underneath will tell the tail

Thanks everyone for your help. I am going to tear into it next week. (at end of semester--we are an HTEC center and semester ends next week)

Back