gear cutter is offline Plastic

Default Haas TM1 coolant

I have a TM1 that I would like to run with program controlled coolant. I did not get that option with the machine. Can I do this myself or do I need Haas to do it? They are kind of expensive and money is scarce right now.

athack is offline Hot Rolled

Yes you can run it from the control, you have to use the factory port on the side of the electric panel. The collant option for $1300.00 dollars is well worth it. Of course taht was the price when buying with the machine.

helocat is offline Aluminum

Post up what you find. I have been wanting P cool since the day I started using my TM1. Used it back in the day when I ran a VF2. Loved it.

It will cost more than the $1300 for the factory Haas unit once its installed. I have wondered about installing it myself. But have thought I would just save up and have a Prob installed at the same time.

Mark

cadcamwiz is offline Cast Iron

Just replaced the pcool on my TM-1 and it was just under $1400 for the unit but had a $600 core charge.You will have to pay to turn the op on so you have to eat that one. as for a probe, They are nice all of my big machines have them but since the Z is so short on a TM-1 I can set the tools almost as fast as a probe. Not worth $7500.00 on a tool room. If your looking to save time then jack up your rapids to the TM-1P parameters. I tweeked mine to just over 600IPM with a 200 pound table load before it started alarming out.

haastec is offline Cast Iron

P-Cool option will not need a purchased option code, just toggle the parameter bit to a 1.

Installation is an easy DIY job for those who are interested and all the cables will be clearly marked. It should come with some instructions, but they may be a bit weak.

behindpropellers is offline Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by gear cutter View Post
    I have a TM1 that I would like to run with program controlled coolant. I did not get that option with the machine. Can I do this myself or do I need Haas to do it? They are kind of expensive and money is scarce right now.
    I would not mess with the PCOOL. A better investment for a TM1 is the bigger coolant tank and 3/4hp coolant pump.

Tim

HelicopterJohn is offline Cast Iron

Default Spare PCOOL Unit

I have a USED spare 20 position PCOOL unit if anyone is interested. It is just like the one I installed on my 2007 HAAS TM-1P a while back. It comes will all the necessary cables for installation. I will probably post it on the PM classified section next week.

John

gunsmither is offline Aluminum

Default Speeding up TM-1 rapids?

Quote Originally Posted by cadcamwiz View Post
    Just replaced the pcool on my TM-1 and it was just under $1400 for the unit but had a $600 core charge.You will have to pay to turn the op on so you have to eat that one. as for a probe, They are nice all of my big machines have them but since the Z is so short on a TM-1 I can set the tools almost as fast as a probe. Not worth $7500.00 on a tool room. If your looking to save time then jack up your rapids to the TM-1P parameters. I tweeked mine to just over 600IPM with a 200 pound table load before it started alarming out.
    Can you explain how you "tweeked" it up to 600ipm? I'd love to speed my TM-1 up, but haven't a clue how to. Any help would be appreciated.

gear cutter is offline Plastic

I have a coolant tank and pump. I plug it into a wall outlet and turn it on and off with a valve or by unplugging it. This method is cumbersome and keeps me stuck at the machine since I have to turn off the coolant during a tool change.
    I opened the cabnet and looked at where the factory coolant outlet is supposed to be, it has no wiring or outlet there.
    I am also interested in being able to speed up this machine to 600ipm.

cadcamwiz is offline Cast Iron

Find the Parameters for X (Y, Z) ACCELERATION AND X (Y, Z) MAX SPEED and double them. after that you can keep creeping up until you start getting alarms.

Heres the 6000 rpm unlock. It doesnt hurt the spindle since it is identical to the TM-1P

131-MAX SPINDLE RPM
    183-Sp MAX FREQ

(PAR 183= MAX SPINDLE SPEED / 3 * 10)

So for 6000 RPM:
    131 = 6000
    183 = 20000

Fellhoelter is offline Plastic

Anybody have pics of the Pcool bracket?
    Or even better, a spare bracket?

I got my hands on a unit, and the wiring, but no bracket...

behindpropellers is offline Stainless

Quote Originally Posted by Fellhoelter View Post
    Anybody have pics of the Pcool bracket?
    Or even better, a spare bracket?

I got my hands on a unit, and the wiring, but no bracket...
    You should just buy the bracket from HAAS its like $15 or so.

Tim

Fellhoelter is offline Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by behindpropellers View Post
    You should just buy the bracket from HAAS its like $15 or so.

Tim
    No brainer then, if that's all it is...

Andres is offline Plastic

I picked up a brand new Pcool unit from ebay, cost me about $320 if I remember correctly. You will need to change your parameter to 1 for the Programable coolant option, that's it. I had to purchase the cable, I believe it was around $40. As far as the bracket goes, I couldn't find a bracket that will work for my TM-1P so I ended up buying a bracket used on a Haas VF3 for about $13. The Haas technician said he had a used one laying in his Haas Van so he just gave it to me and I returned the one I had purchased = ]

I suggest making this a DIY project, it will save you lots of money and not worth having a haas guy come over and simply plug it in for the amount that they ask. Feel free to PM me for any question.

helocat is offline Aluminum

Find the Parameters for X (Y, Z) ACCELERATION AND X (Y, Z) MAX SPEED and double them. after that you can keep creeping up until you start getting alarms.

Heres the 6000 rpm unlock. It doesnt hurt the spindle since it is identical to the TM-1P

131-MAX SPINDLE RPM
    183-Sp MAX FREQ

So for 6000 RPM:
    131 = 6000
    183 = 20000

Been running my TM1 with the spindle up at 6000RPM and the rapids set to 400 for a year now. No issues and it works outstanding.

Mark

Default Thanks for the info!

131-MAX SPINDLE RPM
    183-Sp MAX FREQ

So for 6000 RPM:
    131 = 6000
    183 = 20000
    Appreciate the helpful info. I'll give it a go. Joe

Default Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by helocat View Post
    Been running my TM1 with the spindle up at 6000RPM and the rapids set to 400 for a year now. No issues and it works outstanding.

Mark
    Thanks for the input Mark. I'll give this a try. Joe

Marko Vignjevic is offline Plastic

Guys I would like to buy use TM-1. Can you please help?