What's new
What's new

Haas VF-2 Changes Code When Loading Onto Machine

sflyboy

Plastic
I just bought a used 2007 VF2 and it sometimes changes the G-Code when I am loading it onto the machine via USB stick. I get the following errors when I am copying the code over "unknown code", "Number Format Error Too Long", Bad Number", & "Invalid code". The errors are always on different line numbers and not the same (even for the same program). When I look at the code (on the machine) I find it has removed a period,chanced a X to a Z, or done other things. Any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it? I have already tried multiple USB sticks.

Thank You
Shane

Last edited:
I can't help, but maybe mention the year of the machine in case there was a control version known to do this type of thing. Some of the new generation controls were apparently all fucked up.

There has got to be something corrupt in that machine!
The '07 vintage control is otherwise absolutely rock solid!

If you care to post the code. I have a same vintage VF4 that I can send ( RS232 ) it to and see if there are any issues.

Again, that control should be flawless for sending and receiving, in fact one of the nicest thing I like about the Haas control is that
it munches the code as it receives it and if there are any errors, it flags it right away by putting the offending block into brackets.

Does that machine have Ethernet? I think it does. You could enable the e-net trial if it hasn’t run out and see if that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the cause is a broken fan on the cabinet of all things. Noticed that it would load code correctly when the machine was just turned on (i.e. cold). Started poking around and found that the cabinet fan was not spinning. Left the cabinet open and now everything seams to be working. Ordering new fan on Monday.

Looks like the cause is a broken fan on the cabinet of all things. Noticed that it would load code correctly when the machine was just turned on (i.e. cold). Started poking around and found that the cabinet fan was not spinning. Left the cabinet open and now everything seams to be working. Ordering new fan on Monday.

Probably should change the cabinet filter too and blow the dust off the control boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty interesting...

Guess I'll check the cabinet on my ST10. Sometimes it gets "program integrity error" alarms when switching between edit to memory or sometimes loading a program (even though it loads just fine?).

Thanks for update

Update: Its more then the fan. Pulling the processor board out and sending off for repair. Will update when we get it back and hopefully have the mill up and running.

Back