What's new
What's new

Haas VF2

gmb2000

Plastic
Hi,
I run a VF2 at my work and I cant delete programs from the hard drive unless I shut the machine down. Is there a setting I can change or another way to delete my programs without shutting down the machine.

Thanks Waun

Are you trying to delete a program that's currently selected to run? If you highlight it in the program list and press Select Program again it should deselect it and allow it to be deleted.

selecting an old program. hitting delete, it asked if you want to delete Y or N. hit Y. then says request failed.

it has a memory and a Hard Drive. the Hard drive is were we run our programs from.

Waun

Are you trying to delete a program that is not on the control but somewhere networked to your machine? And how does rebooting help. Deleting programs in Haas controls is very straight forward as long as the correct parameter is enabled. If it's not then you probably do not have permission to delete them anyhow.

NO. but it is pulled from a network and saved to the hard drive. and yes if the machine is restarted you can delete programs but only for a short time.

Call a service tech. Ran into a similar problem, the program got corrupted somehow and we could not delete it (only happened to one single program thank god), was told it was a software glitch. We would have to reload software to fix it or something crazy like that.

NO. but it is pulled from a network and saved to the hard drive. and yes if the machine is restarted you can delete programs but only for a short time.

Try disconnecting your network line then reboot and see if that extends your window for deleting programs.

Well, I know you are new to this forum gmb2000, but I just want to tell you that we do not charge by the word or ding you for detailed explanations.

In order to figure out issues, we need all of the available information on the machine, the set-up and how it is equipped and connected (Ethernet connected) etc.

How about a detailed description of the machine etc.

Mike

Try disconnecting your network line then reboot and see if that extends your window for deleting programs.

LOL - "Did you unplug it...then plug it back in?";):D

Did you follow the instructions in the manual? Looks like the regular machines and the hard drive machines have the same process for deleting programs...The Haas manuals are about as good as it gets in regards to simple instructions for machine tools. (and they are free to download).

I would make sure you are doing exactly as the manual explains...if it isn't working call your Haas HFO. I've always had incredibly helpful people both from my HFO and Haas factory whenever I've called.

LOL - "Did you unplug it...then plug it back in?";):D

It works for the IT guys so I thought I would throw it out there. :D

Actually, I was curious if something with the network connection is causing things to hang up.
If that does not show anything, then I agree, time to call the HFO.

Back