What's new
What's new

Haas vf6 dnc problems

Dave61072

Plastic
Hi im new to this forum so please bear with me
I have a 1996 haas vf6 in great condition*
I am trying to drip feed to it as some of my programs are up to 90mb using a stand alone pc next to the cnc i am using remo dnc by easy dnc
I have all the settings right according to many online posts ive read but i keep getting various error codes*
Parity error
Framing error
Invalid code (even though the program has ran before)
The machine stops moving in xyz but the spindle keeps going
I contacted haas uk to see about a memory upgrade so i didnt have to dnc but they told me i had to replace the whole control pendant at a cost of 12 grand uk sterling
This seems mad for more memory so i dont have to dnc*
Has anyone any experience with the usb to parallel port things you see online where the little gadget replaces the pc see link below from shopfloor automations Usa

Shop Floor Automations - Shop Floor Hardware - CNC Solutions*... b-connect/

Also can the memory be upgraded at a more sensible cost*
You would think it would be a replacement mother board and new memory chip but certainly not 12 grand
All and any help is massively appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sounds like a baud rate mismatch perhaps. Try sending programs the other way and see what you get.

internet is replete on glitches with USB to parallel port devices.
Get the moxa setup from Shop floor automation along with their cable assembly, It really removes all the variables. And the price is a bargain compared to the time suck, otherwise. It does require some network configuration but SFA support is beyond reproach.
I use my programming computer to send to CNC machines. DNC program has a drop down to choose which CNC to send to. Pretty simple

I don't know, just throwing out ideas. The quickest way to check your cable is to do a loopback, connect tx to rx with a wire and see if the terminal echoes back. You can use putty or similar.

Hi
Just looked for moxa on their web page but cant find it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They don't call it by the manufactures name. You can get it cheaper elsewhere but not with great support. And SFA makes the setup easier.

I have had issues using newer computers that do not have the old dedicated serial ports. Ones that emulate have caused me grief, sometimes they work, other times not so much. For this reason I opted to buying/taking/using dedicated old computers for each of the old machines running nothing over Win 95...straight DOS even better.

Anyway...a quick workaround till you get it squared away can be to break program into blocks, run, erase, load next block...continue.

Back