What's new
What's new

G05 on a TL2 ... I'm lost

Nick Mueller

Titanium
Hi!

I do have a TL2 with the M19 option, so that should work. Software version is 9.whatever (forgotten, am already at bed).

Now as I don't have a real live tooling, I have a milling spindle clamped into the QCTP.

I started very simple and oriented the spindle, plunged in with the mill and rotated 90º and retract. Works!

Actually, I need an excentric bore, so I added an U-value to the G05. And here my troubles start. Spindle rotates 90° without any X move, stops and then X moves a tad, just to fall asleep and get stuck. Program never ends.

Here is my code (metric):

T40;
G54;
M19;
G98;
G00 X40. Z0.5;
G01 Z-1. F200;
G05 R90. U-1. F200; <= hangs with the U-1.
G00 Z5.;
M30;

G112 doesn't work at all, but that's a different storry.

Any hints?

Nick

Addition:
Software is L0905E.
Also tried with different angles and X in place of U. But nothing changes. First it rotates (distance to go in X remains unchanged during rotation) then after rotation DTG changes from for example 1.000 mm to 0.997 mm and nothing more happens. If I wait several minutes, DTG slooooowly decreases. But it would take hours to reach zero. Is that a hint?

Edit:
Funny observation! If the control is waiting for the X move that never happens and I force the chuck out of position with my thump, DTG decreases until it finally is zero and the program ends.

Even the example from the manual (page 122; roughly converted to metric) doesn't work. I had to remove the M133 P1500 for obvious reasons.

Also, the spindle is very soft. I can rotate the chuck some degrees and after maybe half a second the control realizes that the chuck is off position. Can this be fixed? What is the suggested belt tension? The encoder belt is not lose, I checked that.

Nick

Sorry Nick, best to call Haas about that one. I have a old TL and it doesnt have that option so I have never used it. I believe that is an expensive option so not that many are going to have it. Best to call Haas or work with your local representative.

Charles

Back