What's new
What's new

Haas show specials?

magma-joe

Aluminum
Does anyone know whether Haas offers show specials or discounts at trade shows? According to the Haas website they have a manufacturing show coming up in September in Las Vegas. I am ready to purchase TM1 or 2 and wonder if it is worth waiting for the show?

I don't know for sure, but doubt it. And even if they did I suspect it's no more discount than you could negociate with a dealer anytime.

Always amuses me the "year end discount" ads for cars on TV. In reality one can get the same discounts* anytime of the year, via proper negociation and/or the right dealer.

*assuming "normal" vehicle of course and not some new "hot" model that is hard to get, like Pontiac Soltice.

I bought a new VF-2 just before WESTEC last year and they gave me 1k off the price as a show discount. The promotion ran a few weeks before the show to a week or two after.

Depends on the manufacturer. Haas is so well known (1200-1400 machines per month!!) that they don't have to offer much in the way of incentives. Other smaller manufacturers will offer better deals to get their products in the field especially the show floor demo models so they don't have to ship them back.

When the local Haas has a open house it's $500.00 off. That's when I bought my mini Mill. Was going to anyway.

When I bought my VMC I got a quote from Haas at Eastech (including the 1K show discount) then went to Fadal, Hurco etc. Ultimately I got what I believe to be far far more machine for the exact price of the TM2 package i had put together with the Haas rep. They even threw in rigging onto my shop floor.

I don't think there is much in the way of savings on demo or show machines. They are usually souped up with all the options and the only way you can assume a deal is if you compare the option prices individually.
For what it's worth, HAAS offered 5% off prior to Eastec for 2 years in the row. This was for VF and SL machines. Mini, TM and TL-s I think were 1K off.
The discount was up-to but not including the show start date.

Here in Europe Haas is running a 10% of special at the moment.

We're going to buy either a TL-15 or TL-25.

It's 10% of everything, including options

I got mine the week of WESTEC last year. Discount was 5%.

There is no talking down the dealer that i have to go with. The price is the price and if I want one I have to buy it thru them. No other dealers will sell to me although i have gotten quotes a few grand cheaper to compare....

It sounds like it might be worth waiting till the Las Vegas show in September. 5 or 10% is alot when you are spending $25000.00 plus. Thanks for all the responses.

I bought a TM-2 last fall. Got a show discount of 10% ( I think) I was real happy with the price. Also sometimes they will sell a machine that is at the show to you for a good price so they don't have to haul it back to where it came from. The problem with that is then you have no say in what options are on the machine and they usually have all the options turned on.

Back