What's new
What's new

Help Missing Setting 55 Enable DNC from MDI

ncharley

Plastic
Hello all,
Been reading this forum for awhile now and is very informative. I have bought a 1991 Vf1 and getting it up and running. I have put a usb flash drive on it to upload programs and it works great. Problem I am have is getting it to drip feed. I do not have a setting 55 to enable it to DNC from MDI. Have any of you experienced this? And if so what did you have to do?
Thanks,

Do you have the manual? I'm home so this is from memory; on the keypad there is a block of keys titled DISPLAY, press the one that says PRAM DGNOS (short for parameter diagnostic) press 55 then down cursor. It should then highlight the 55 setting and show a 0. Press the right cursor and it should change to 1... but you may have to unlock first, that part I don't recall but all this is in your operators manual - good luck!

Something tells me you are in the wrong section. There are many setting above 51 that you should have including the "language" (English, Spanish, etc.) for the machine which is #82.

BGL was close, but go to and press the "Setting Graphics" or (SETNG GRAPH) button. Type 55 on the keypad then hit the arrow up or arrow down button. That will take you to #55.

If this does not work, I would think that your software is corrupted and needs reload.

Mike

P.S.: My first machine was a 91 VF-1 and it had all the settings.

M

By the way, there is quite a bit of memory even in the old ones, I would avoid drip feed if possible. It can be less reliable, especially with a conversion unit.

Mike

Back