What's new
What's new

High Nitrogen

a.j.

Plastic
Our maintenance department has filled the nitrogen tank before without a problem. For some reason this time they over charged it. The label says 750 psi for the VF6. They were not paying attention or something but it is almost up to 1000 psi. now. Does any one know how to relieve the pressure? What problems will come about if it is left at 1000 psi. They tried to push the valve stem on the Schneider valve, but oil and nitrogen came out. Is there another way to relieve the pressure?

Please let me know if you have a solution.

Thank you.
A.J.

I think you have two choices, just let a little out and loose a little oil at the same time, or unmount the tank and turn it upside down and try letting it out that way.

I think you will find it takes very little to correct the over-charge.

Mike

Our maintenance department has filled the nitrogen tank before without a problem. For some reason this time they over charged it. The label says 750 psi for the VF6. They were not paying attention or something but it is almost up to 1000 psi. now. Does any one know how to relieve the pressure? What problems will come about if it is left at 1000 psi. They tried to push the valve stem on the Schneider valve, but oil and nitrogen came out. Is there another way to relieve the pressure?

Please let me know if you have a solution.

Thank you.
A.J.

Unmount the tank and turn it so the valve is on top. I use a fill hose that can actuate the schrader valve and use it to very, very slowly let out some of the nitrogen. You will most likely loose some oil as it will exit as a mist, but if done slowly enough, you should be okay.

Do not run the machine with and overcharged nitrogen system. 50-75 psi over is ok in my book, but definitely not 250 psi like you have.

I turned it so the valve is on top. I slowly released the nitrogen out of the schrader valve until we had 750 psi.
Thank you very much for the advise.
We are back to making chips. ( Foundry patterns. )

Thank you,
A.J.

Back