What's new
What's new

high speed machining pauses

mike.m

Plastic
I have an EC1600 that we are doing high speed machining with and every time that it goes from a "G01" to a "G00", the machine stops and dwells. It only does it when going from rapid to feed, or feed to rapid. Once the tool is in feed it will run fine from any feed moves. The HFO tried updating the software on the machine, but that made no difference. I contacted applications in Cali, but they seem to thing that it is normal. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, or if anyone knows of a solution. Thanks

What CAM software are you using? SolidCAM uses G01 at max feed rate for reposition moves and it's pretty good. My VF-4SS still has small pauses between some moves dependent on the move.

What CAM software are you using? SolidCAM uses G01 at max feed rate for reposition moves and it's pretty good. My VF-4SS still has small pauses between some moves dependent on the move.

I am using featurecam for programming. Even when I add feed moves to get the tool off of the part, I still get a pause when it changes to rapid.

There are some in position settings for that, as well as a bit that controls rapid to feed behavior, at least on older machines.

Param 57 ex st MD chg , at least if I understand it, would mean exact stop on rapid to feed. Also see params 101 to 103. It seems like I have read that those params are for rapids, but not sure where. I'd at least compare those to some known good params.

Parameter 57 fixed the dwell but once I changed it, now my high speed machining stutters, which is the way the machine would run without high speed machining. Any ideas?

Parameter 57 fixed the dwell but once I changed it, now my high speed machining stutters, which is the way the machine would run without high speed machining. Any ideas?
Depending on the year of the machine, you can try G187 P1 E0.010 before your roughing code and see what happens. Cancel with G187 with no inputs. If that works, please search the topic here, as it's been discussed at length before.

If G187 does not help, then you need to get your CAM to output less code. Do that with arc filters.

what's your setting 85 set to? (basically the same as programming with g187)

I have set it to rough, medium, and fine, and changed the amount from .005(what it was originally set to) to .100. As long as I leave parameter 57 set to mode change exact stop set to "1", it works, but as soon as I change that, it is like not even having high speed machining again.

Back