What's new
What's new

How to remove plastic plugs from Haas table

HuFlungDung

Diamond
What is the least destructive method to remove the plugs that cover the capscrews into the trucks, on a Haas VMC? I read someone mention that they often found loose capscrews if they checked. So I'd like to check mine, but reuse the plugs if possible.

On the rail plugs a poke with an oring pick in the middle than a blast with a rubber tiped air hose will generally

Work

On the rail plugs a poke with an oring pick in the middle than a blast with a rubber tiped air hose will generally

Work
Hu,
Some kind of containment during the process would probably help. Lots more fun things to do than chase a rubber cap around the shop. :angry:

Hu,
Some kind of containment during the process would probably help. Lots more fun things to do than chase a rubber cap around the shop. :angry:

never done that before....

many already have a small pinhole in the middle, maybe not for the table.

never heard of the bolts coming loose unless they were played with or crashed, or rotted/rusted out, though i guess it could happen? what makes you think they are loose?

THK have vent holes in the middle. If this is the case then compressed air worked beautifully when I removed them. If not then they are not very expensive and easy to get, or make your own if you bugger up a few.

Back