What's new
What's new

Interesting Feature of the NexGen Control

So you're wasting machine time playing videos that could be played on a $200 laptop?

I don't see it that way. I see it could be interested for shops with 2-3 shifts, with low runs or a lot of prototypes. The programmer can make notes for parts with special work off-set, tooling set-up, etc... reducing the margin of error.

What I find interesting is Haas is always making these kinds of videos. Anyone know other MTB's that do this on a regular basis like Haas? Curious as trying to find info on Mazak and all I get is corporate crap.

I don't see it that way. I see it could be interested for shops with 2-3 shifts, with low runs or a lot of prototypes. The programmer can make notes for parts with special work off-set, tooling set-up, etc... reducing the margin of error.

but, where is a programmer going to get a video of a part that hasn't been made yet?

I understand all that, but isn't that what set up sheets are for?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just can't see tying up machine time to watch videos.

but, where is a programmer going to get a video of a part that hasn't been made yet?

LOL, ever heard of Verify?

Going paperless is a buzzword that has be around for decades. The computer revolution that was supposed to make it happen, in my estimation, has done the reverse by putting a printing press in every office.

This is trueley innovative and makes paperless come to fruition. Not to mention integrating ISO9000 possibilities.

I had the new NEX GEN control in my shop for 7 months tell the HFO came and got the POS ,,, They can keep there bling bling gaming controller ,, I went back to fanuc and it makes parts. It is hard enough to keep a button pusher from screwing off all day on his cell phone ,, why should I want a control they they can watch videos on, whats next a Hot key to facebook ?

I had the new NEX GEN control in my shop for 7 months tell the HFO came and got the POS ,,, They can keep there bling bling gaming controller ,, I went back to fanuc and it makes parts. It is hard enough to keep a button pusher from screwing off all day on his cell phone ,, why should I want a control they they can watch videos on, whats next a Hot key to facebook ?

What restraint, took you a whole 9 posts to come in and toss a bomb into the thread. :(

I think that's a totally valid helpful feature. Its the fast route to train the snowflake how to put the part in without the snowflake trying to listen or too lazy to open a folder with actual paper set up sheets. All shits aside I do think that is a helpful feature.

I understand all that, but isn't that what set up sheets are for?

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just can't see tying up machine time to watch videos.

I think you are missing the point here. I ass-u-me we are talking a 30-60second video showing how to load parts, not 10 minutes of youtube. Again, ass-u-me(ing) once you have seen the video you can skip it or whatever. I would imagine you watch it so you see the setup/changeover/tool check/etc once a shift or whatever. Who knows :confused:

Back