What's new
What's new

Line from bottom of H2O Sep. Where does it go?

jonaddis84

Aluminum
Im rebuilding the air system on my 2011 TM2P due to a bunch of leaks and rust. I am eliminating the HAAS cast aluminum water separator for something better. The line on the bottom is one I cannot figure out where it would go? I would not think you would want it powering anything, since that is where all the particles/water end up. Anybody know where it goes? I tried following it up through the electrical cabinet, but it appears to be going up towards the spindle, its just a little 1/4" OD line.

Side note, I hope the idiot that originally plumbed the 4th axis didnt screw me. Notice how that line is directly off the incoming air, no filter or separator before it. I changed that to put a RIT Eliminizer first in line, then tees off to the rotary full pressure, then thru regulator for tool changer.

Thanks

20160609_071541.jpg

If it's like my '07 VF-2, that line goes to the air gun for the operator.

Ahhhhh that makes sense then. I incorrectly assumed the line coming from the small solenoid/regulator went to the air gun. Guess I would have figured that out next time I powered the machine up. Ill have to throw another tee in for that line.

I guess now my question becomes, what does the line coming from the solenoid/small regulator go to in this picture? Im now just curious more than anything. Maybe that is the spindle taper clear out air?

20160614_194133.jpg

Back