What's new
What's new

Loosing Tool Setter Location

PriddyShiddy

Cast Iron
Anyone know offhand where this is saved? I just started loosing location. When I go to touch off tool it goes to G28 then errors out. I have re-calibrated it the last three times I went to touch off tools. I noticed it was saving data to #580's so I checked my newest macro which was using those so I changed them. It is still loosing the location.

Any ideas what the heck I did? And obviously how to fix it? I tried just touching off the "manual" mode but then it gives a "-317.####" which is just slightly longer than the tool at 3.5" so no quick fix that way.

Just did. I didn't think I had run that program since the last calibration but I'm likely mistaken. Hopefully it won't happen again. Thank you for checking!

Just did. I didn't think I had run that program since the last calibration but I'm likely mistaken. Hopefully it won't happen again. Thank you for checking!

If it happens again, reload all of your Renishaw programs. I am not sure why they would have changed, but reloading the programs takes care of many probe related issues.

Good luck!

Back