What's new
What's new

Low battery voltage message

gear cutter

Cast Iron
I saw a low battery voltage message on my TM1 this morning. The message only appeared for a short time then vanished. I was told I maybe have a month or so before the battery dies and I loose use of the mill. Can anyone verify that. Is this a DIY fix or is a call to Haas the best option.

It's not that hard to do. Just jumper in a seperate (new) battery to the contacts while you replace the dead one to prevent losing the machine parameters. I do all of them on out HAAS machines.
It does require soldering so that's a consideration of your not that good at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It's not that hard to do. Just jumper in a seperate (new) battery to the contacts while you replace the dead one to prevent losing the machine parameters. I do all of them on out HAAS machines.
It does require soldering so that's a consideration of your not that good at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Where is the battery located?

Call your local Haas dealer their service department has a bulletin how to replace the battery with a replaceable battery . They also will sell you the jumper and battery to do the job . The price is reasonable .

Don't wait too long to replace the battery. Sucks having a tech come to your shop to reload the machine with lost software.

Back