What's new
What's new

Low Pressure Trans Oil

Belltowerben

Plastic
Hey folks

I am getting a low pressure trans oil alarm. After doing some research I came across a few possibilities.

-I checked the rubber coupling on the pump motor, it was fine.

-Cleaned the screen and trap all out, it was dirty but nothing that would stop it from running.

Now that I have put it all back together I ran it with the cover off for a minute to see if the alarm comes back. It did. So I checked and there is no oil in the trap. So I turned the spindle back on for a sec and felt the pump, but it feels like it is not running. So I think it could be the pump.

There is also a low pressure switch in there too, but I don't know exactly what that looks like but I am guessing it is the black ball with 2 wires coming out the top that is mounted on top.

Anyone have a pump go? Is it a common problem to be expected? Its a 2008 Vf4. Pretty sure we don't have warranty on it and I don't have the best relationship with the local Haas rep.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have to see if motor is turning and find the low pressure switch in the I/O chart in the control. if the pump shaft is spinning, the pump is working. There is not enough power in the motor to kill the pump and they are near lifer pumps.

I did have one where the motor was pushing against the pump shaft and that caused enough bind to keep the motor from starting. Should be a simple find here. If the pump is spinning but have no pressure on switch, verify flow by pulling a line up top or other similar method, then check and replace the presure switch.

Thanks for the reply.

So I pulled the electric motor that drives the pump and checked the voltage to it and was getting 8 volts. But this is the same wire that drives the top fan and it was reading 115v.

When I pulled the molex connector out of the chassis you could see the broken wire. It was still crimped to the wire leading to the fan, but the pin was broken on the connector.

Waiting on new connector and I should be good to go. Luckily its looking like a cheap fix, only a few hours lost.....

Yup, it is little stuff like that, that burns me about Haas. Those little issues add up. Piss poor terminations from Kmart. I am always impressed with the Jap machine terminations. Professional plugs that are over built NOT to fail.

Back