What's new
What's new

Maincon params

friesen

Cast Iron
I did the maincon upgrade on my 96 vf2, and I don't think the parameters got set right. Unless its normal to really make thumping noise on simple cuts, I think there are some sigma V settings interspersed in the params. For example, param 302 was set at 48,000,000 for my old servos, which really wouldn't make sense.

So I changed those, but it really doesn't cut right, leaving lines on the part from the accel/decel, so I think there are some more that need changing.

I suspect params 916-918, 145-147 may not be right. Not sure if possible, but I'd like some parameters to look through from 17 series with non sigma V servos, if anyone could help me here.

My servos are 131718 steps per inch.

If you have the copy of the original file you can look at in wordpad. Set to a single column and scroll down to parameter #.

The original doesn't have the 916-918 params. Plus I suspect a handful are a little different to use the processor better. Also, my y 917 is -40000000 which seems wrong.

So i talked to haas and ironed a few out, but it still isnt quite right.

I can hear straight line segments like this

G1X0F50.;
X.25
x.5
M99;

And it makes servo accel/decel noise at X.25

So I dont know for sure what to think. Is this really right? Is hsm supposed to fix this, or is there some other explanation? The old control didnt do this.

Back