What's new
What's new

Need help ,tm-1 not working after bettery check

eliasgr

Plastic
Hallo to all
I have a bad situation here with my TM-1 .I bought new in 2004 ,machine has very low hours (less than 1000) .I was advised to change the memory battery because it's been 10 years ,though I think there is a warning for low battery voltage.I first took clear pictures of all the parameters of the machine.Unpluged the machine from main power ,I earthed myself with a special earthig wrist, removed the two front boards and then removed the main board with the battey (any special reason why this board should be in the back ??).I mesured the battery and found 3.05 volts .I decided to put everything back untill I buy a new battery with the same specs. Machine does not work ! I have the following errors:
102 servos off
125 shuttle fault
130 Tool unclamped
107 emergency off
292 320V power supply fault
120 Low air pressure

The status LEDs are all on except , HALT leds on both two boards are also on but light is not as intese as the others.
My air pressure is ok and power supply shows 320V with my polymeter,I checked all fuses ,I took everthing out and put back several times ,nothing changed.
I called our HAAS rep service man and told me that MOCON board is propably deffective !! They dont have it in stock so I have to order it and prepay about 1800 euro !! +labour for the service man to put it in. The original board has to return to HAAS or the final cost is 3500 euro !
I found MOCON boards selling on ebay that are suppose to be pulled out from a working machine(I think thats what my board was !) ,they have similar codes but a bit different ,the code of the board in the reps offer also has different code nr compared to my original board ,propably has to do with newer versions compatible to each other.
Can anybody give me any advice of what I should do ,giving 2000 euro for board replacement is not an option for me cause there are not such money available. The machine never made money but it's just started to and it's very important that I make it work.
Luck plays funny games sometimes with us..
Thank you in advance and sorry for the long post
Elias

Back