Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: new addition

D. Rey is offline Titanium

Hey Justin thanks a lot. I had a good teacher

How is your shop coming?

haastec is offline Cast Iron

Quote Originally Posted by D. Rey View Post
    Oh man if you throw two down its like an internet reach around practically.

Good to know! Don't think I will be doing anymore of that around here.

LOL

'zactly

SIM
    SIM is offline Titanium

Keep us posted on how you like the ST-10. After my last SL-10 I started looking around a bit... the SL-10 wasn't quite up to par with the first SL-10.

Good luck with her!

So far great. The control is extremely easy to navigate, and set up.

It's fast as stink especially with 14" of Z, its there right freaking now.

Indexes are very quick.

I've only cut brass and some cold rolled so far so I have not really pushed it, honestly I probably won't ever push it as I'm not a production shop.

The conveyor works very well.

Have not used the tail yet.

The parts catcher comes up a bit high the tech said most uses cut them down....cut my new lathe? Say it ain't so Haas man.

The ATS flex C collet chuck is super easy...I love that thing.

Not much else to say about a small 2 axis lathe I suppose.

lot of folks bitching about the interlocks, they could not be easier to by-pass I was relieved to find.

SND
    SND is offline Diamond

Has it been pretty close between touching off on the tool eye and cut diameters, and did you get to run a high enough batch to see how steady it stays on tolerance?
    I'm trying to put it on my shopping list, mainly as at least its fairly known with a few of you having one right on here. Not quite so with a few other models I have in mind, and surely there's a better control on the haas than the fanuc Oi.

Btw, regarding the 14" Z. is that to the chuck face, or so some point behind it, or just total Z travel, or actual part length it will machine when chucked? just asking as a few other 6" I checked into only have about 12" part length on Z. The extra 2" could be nice on a few parts.
    Any guess regarding the real continuous HP it might have? I'm not sure what to read into with the 15hp peak they list ( some parts I have in mind are 3.25" hastelloy that needs a 2.8" hole through, and .001 all over. )

Congrats on the new machine btw, I think I'd seen other pics of it on onecnc forum if that was yours.

thanks

It's a solid little machine. I've owned Masak, nakamura and daewoo, it's solid as any of them.

Hp wise have not pushed it the parts I make fit in your hand...

Made 50 parts tonight adjusted offsets on t he finisher once if that means anything. Part 2-50 was .245 if that means anything.

14 z is the travel bigger the chuck you have the less the travel obviously, I have a super short ATS flex c collet chuck so I can make use of most of it. It's a small machine but does not feel cramped at all when you are in there setting tools up.

If you you tube. It there is a vid of one running some pretty impressive cuts on a 6" steel bar. If you are around the area you are welcome to come check it out just pm me.

SND
    SND is offline Diamond

thanks for the info,

I just checked their tool probe setting video on youtube, looks pretty nice. Control certainly looks much better than fanuc, and the automatic tool break detection would be great for some material I have to play with. I don't usually do big parts either, small stuff, but lots of +/-.0002, sometimes +/-.0001, I would think it should do it if I can do it manually on my cyclematic. anyhow, I'll think I'll put it on the list and see what they cost in canada.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12