What's new
What's new

New to haas controll have a programming question

rugertoolmaker

Plastic
Ok so i am new to the haas control i ran fanuc controlled lathe for many years .. That being said i used a 'bumpbar' in the machine to pull my bar stock out to well iv tired that in the haas and it gives me a alarm because the spindle isnt running when the turret is moving to the location to where i need to pull matterial never had that problem with the fanuc controller what do i need to do to be able to uset this method in the haas ??

There is a setting to allow one to move things in Z while spindle isn't running, also change to inches per minute instead of inches per revolution. I'll try to remember to look it up and post back.

There is a setting to allow one to move things in Z while spindle isn't running, also change to inches per minute instead of inches per revolution. I'll try to remember to look it up and post back.

Yup, Eaglemike got it.
Program a G98, feed per minute for linear moves with chuck stopped.
Remember to revert back to G99 for Feed per Revolution when done.

F100. -F200. is about right for pullers.

Have fun.

Here is one example. This was used with the puller that closes over the end using Z movement. There are others that slide over the bar in X, then travel in Z to pull, then dwell, the retract in X to come off the bar.
hope this helps. Use extreme caution - this is only an example!!!!
T10 (1-1/2 BAR PULLER)
Z2. (CLEAR BAR END)
X0
G01 G98 Z-1.375 F100. (GRAB POSITION)
G04 P1000 (DWELL)
M11 (UNCLAMP)
G01 G98 Z0.15 F100. (PULL LENGTH)
M10 (RECLAMP)
G04 P1000 (DWELL)
G00 Z1.5 (CLEAR POSITION)
G99 X12. Z8.

Back