What's new
What's new

New Haas Mini Mill

Bubba73

Plastic
Hi guys,

New to the forum and just bought a brand new Haas Mini Mill. Had a couple of questions that maybe someone would be kind enough to answer. Does the power cable wire directly into a 40amp breaker box? Or does it plug into a 40amp receptacle that is wired into your main panel? I am putting the Mill in my garage at home.

Thanks

Is that a single phase machine? It's got its own breaker in the cabinet, so you can do whatever you want. Most just wire in direct.

I like to put a fused disconnect switch and/or a twist-lock plug close to the machine and after the breaker. This gives me a quick and certain way to isolate the machine to work on it. Even if it's just you, following LOTO perhaps without the L or T is still good practice. Used and surplus fused disconnects are pretty cheap on ePay. It's no problem to use a 3-phase disconnect on single phase. (Only fuse the two hot legs, and NOT the neutral. I used a piece of copper tube resized to the diameter of a fuse to substitute for the fuse on the neutral path through the disconnect.)

Back