What's new
What's new

Newbie>>> Haas VF2 Cpu Trouble

nastek

Plastic
Dear Guys,

I am newbie in this forum, and Haas Cnc.
Last month, i have bought HAAS VF2 CNC Milling in a auction.
from the information this machine have stopped in 2 years.
today i try to connect with the power, switch on and in the monitor appear random character, as my attachment and all keyboard and switchs not working.
I am confused with the problem, and no manual book.
please help me, i will appreciated.

Nastek

Attachments

• monitor.JPG
    monitor.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,388
Wow! Not sure what that could be. Haas manuals are on their website and can be viewed and downloaded for free. Also a call(it's free)to Haas's tech support should get you going at least in the right direction.
Let us know how it works out.
Carl

I was thinking about this earlier. Is your power on 50HZ or 60HZ and then what is the machine wired for? Also Delta power veres Y power could be the conflict. if your on Delta your hi leg will have to be in the right location or you will be out of phase.

Just a thought

i am not sure about that, i just thinking that the controller is similar with ordinary pc that need power supply +12,-12,+5. the voltages comes out.
in my mind, that is something wrong with controller, because the key panel not work.
Or may be i must reload the system?

The very first thing I'd look for is the battery on the mainboard of the computer.

Dead battery, and the mainboard will not go through it's self tests.

The battery will either be a button cell (like a CR2032 or similar) in a holder, or in the form of a small black box or package on the mainboard with a red and a black lead coming out to the connector.

Go through all the connectors you can find, as well as all the cards in slots on the mainboard, pull and reseat them.

Those are just basic computer troubleshooting stuff. Use as is appropriate.

Check that all your power supplies are set up to match the machine requirements.

Good luck!

Contacting the dealer may be the best bet.

Cheers
Trev

i have no idea for run this machine with HAAS controller, big trouble, big money for maintenance.
so, so i want to replace new controller, and sell the machine parts, it's like good idea.
Thanks sirs for help.

Nastek. you should give the haas control a chance. It is one of the easiest controls too use.

On the Battery.

Does anyone have a picture of this battery on the board? I am getting worried about battery condition on my 1994.

It is odd that the manual does not mention battery replacement. At least not the I remember reading.

yes, you are right, but in my country nobody can repair the machine, and the agent only in malaysia, i have emailed them, but email address is not valid.
i just calculated the cost if i must call them, and for spare part, at least $3000.
it's to expensive for the machine.
but i'll try to find the battery that you say, and try again.
i am so confused.
may be if i have maintenance manual/wiring diagram, it will not so hard.
somebody have it?

Can you email the factory in US? They are the big "We will fix any machine any place people" take them up on the offer. Even if they can't get to you at a reasonanle cost they should be able to walk you thru the troubleshooting for zero cost. And then look into a possible repair whe you find out what is wrong. It would really suck if you ripped the control off and find out later it is the "Do-Hickey Thing" that could have been replaced for short change. These machines are really pretty simple old tech, hate for you to toss it.

VF-2 Year 1997
machine location in indonesia.
hard to find Haas engineer, so i make the decision.
it's sad for me. if you think repair the machine is best way, i will try it.
basically, i can repair if any support.

Hello Nastec, I am Melissa from Australia and i have a small company of manufacturing textile spare parts. I have got your problem and that is without manual book you can operate your machine well as you don't know about its working. But you are facing that issue so i can suggest you to take a professional electrician help... Because it is only the electric circuit failure by which keyboard and other instruments are not working. But the electrician must be Hass engineer. Not ordinary.

Hello Nastec, I am Melissa from Australia and i have a small company of manufacturing textile spare parts. I have got your problem and that is without manual book you can operate your machine well as you don't know about its working. But you are facing that issue so i can suggest you to take a professional electrician help... Because it is only the electric circuit failure by which keyboard and other instruments are not working. But the electrician must be Hass engineer. Not ordinary.

It is a five year old post!!!

franchise for sale gold coast

Back