What's new
What's new

High Speed Spindle

Hoppy

Cast Iron
I've been looking at high speed spindles for my VMC, since I'm doing more and more work with small drills and mills. An electric spindle has the advantage of being somewhat quieter than air, plus the electrics seem to have more torque. On the other hand, being able to change from the air spindle to a conventional tool with the ATC has its advantages. Any thoughts or recommendations for me?

So someone is selling air drives that use a port like a coolant or torque port to induce the air - so that it is able to auto toolchange?

I have not seen one like that - but I haven't been looking either.

However - a setup like that is what came to my mind.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hey Hoppy!
That looks like the cat's meow!
I did not know it existed, and from the looks of it it is fully HAAS compatible.

I guess one can even program it using the Air-blow coolant option.

Now if we can get them to hold on to it and not discontinue it like they did with the MOM:nutter::nutter::nutter:

I agree, it does look good! Sure would be nice to hear from someone that has one to make sure it does everything as well as the manufacturer says.

This isn't Haas specific.

You would have better luck finding someone that may have used one on the CNC board.

???

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

High Speed Spindle, Spindle Speeder, High Speed Attachment

Are you thinking of replacing you machine spindle with a High Speed Spindle, or adding a Spindle Speeder, or adding a High Speed Attachment?
The following can help with either:

Precision Spindle & Accessories Inc.

www.precisionspindleinc.com tel. 519 671 3911
[email protected] fax. 519 652 5994

Back