What's new
What's new

Office Mill tool balancing?

Oldnewguy

Aluminum
Addendum to my OM2 instructions say every tool must be balanced as an assembly to G1 or G2.5 per ANSI yada yada before high speed run and after every time tool is changed or moved in tool holder! Is there a balancing machine anyone uses for this or is this generally ignored? Now assuming tools are balanced at build, but it does say after any tool is loaded or moved. Also, they ask for a 20 minute spindle warm-up after 2 hours of non-use. How do you fit that into schedules? Or leave it running at a low speed? Also, Mastercam or MDI for small second/third op type programs? :skep:

Thanks!!
Karl

Last edited:
Karl

If you buy the right tool holders they are already balanced. Also make sure that you use the correct holders otherwise you can damage the tool changer. They are longer than most iso 20 holders. Beware of the short ISO20 type.

Haas use CNC Technics holders.
you can also find them cheaper on Ebay just search ISO 20 under industrial.

There is also the T-tool type but they have never answered my emails so I don't know how they are but they recon they fit the Office Mill.

I warm up my spindle regularly in the morning remember it is a 30k spindle but not every 2 hours if it sits but it is warmer over here most of the year

Cheers

Thanks to Oz

Yeah, research confirms what you say about pre-balancing and that's what I assumed on this. Also, I doubt every run will be at 30K rpm so warm up may not be needed always, but def will in the morning or before run. I hear you on the tooling too, jsut got a call from Maritool this morning and they said they have iso20 but it is not Haas type:rolleyes5: so stuck with collets only and techniks only. Will just have to work around it I guess. Thanks much for the input.

Back