What's new
What's new

Old Dog, New Tricks - Looking for HAAS TL-1 training

grat101

Plastic
Hello,
I don't even know where to start, or even what to search inside this forum to find what I need. Hoping posting here will get me at least refined in search terms so I can begin learning how to turn on my machine, let alone how to run it:crazy:

I know you are thinking, "Why would you you install something you know nothing about?", simple, I am a glutton for punishment and I recognize the efficiency gains once I get this thing operational. I have years of manual experience and zero CNC experience. That is why I was attracted to the TL-1.

Where is the best place to start my training? Is there an online resource, youtube, etc...?

Any direction would help, I assume this will be met with quite a bit of snark from some of you considering this is the internet, but I am genuinely looking for a good lead.

Model: TL-1 / Serial #: 71053 / Date of Mfg: 09/05

Cheers.

I believe this is the closest manual if you don't have it already.

https://diy.haascnc.com/sites/defau...96-8700_Rev_L_English_June_2005.pdf?0=%3F1730

It will all be focused around the turreted lathes, but the control should be the same/really close.

I run a 2003 TL-1 so I can answer specific questions you might have. They aren't bad to learn, but if you have no experience at all it might be worth it to have someone experienced come in and show you around for a day.

Where is the best place to start my training? Is there an online resource, youtube, etc...?

They do have a pretty good Youtube channel that covers a lot of different things.

Actually! Your Post was huge help because I just inserted TL into the webpage link and it brought me to the training manual for my machine! Sometimes the box of rocks in my skull isn't so heavy.

Back