What's new
What's new

old haas vf2 issues

marky7356

Plastic
I'm currently running a '98 HAAS VF2. Lately when I use cutter comp (g41), Randomly in the program it will change work offsets. Example; Running in G58, I had a few blocks of comp'ed line and after my exit line from comp the controller switched to G54. I didn't have G54 in the program at all. I nearly poo'ed my pants but I was there to catch it.
Is there a parameter or setting that would do this?
I also noticed that I can't change the offset in the position page to the work offset I'm working on, through MDI.
It stays in G54. I don't know if that's related.

G54 is the Default setting.

Check Setting 56, it will cause machine to default back to G54 at M30...I believe at End of Program and when hitting Reset as well.

Setting 36, Program Restart- If you have this setting Off and you Start a program midway...any work coordinates in program before the point you started Will Not Be Read...
If set to On, the entire program is read tripping any settings, offsets, calculations and brings tool to last position before starting.

I'd start looking there...Also if calling a Sub, make sure there is not a G54 call.

As to MDI,
Make sure to type in your work coordinate if other other then G54.
On one of my older machines I recall Position page used the entered G56, but left G54 as header...somewhere along the way that changed...think it was a new software upload. Also that machine sometimes reads Feed Rates and feeds correctly...but in shows another feedrate on the screen. Used to annoy me...now it is what it is and provided machine is doing what its supposed to I'm good with it.
Also didn't hurt when tech said we can try this or that to "try" and correct and will cost you a bundle...or leave it be...its working right.

Back