What's new
What's new

only get 25% rapid

rainman

Cast Iron
Hello,
We just got a used Haas that seems to be in pretty good shape. However, regardless of setting 10 and rapid overrides on the front panel, it only rapids at 25%. Doors are closed, so it's not that. Any ideas? Is there a parameter to limit rapid? A G or M code?

Hello,
We just got a used Haas that seems to be in pretty good shape. However, regardless of setting 10 and rapid overrides on the front panel, it only rapids at 25%. Doors are closed, so it's not that. Any ideas? Is there a parameter to limit rapid? A G or M code?
on a Fanuc 15 control i changed parameter to limit rapids from 470 to 400 ipm but if on 25% it would be at 100 ipm, at 50% it would be 200 ipm

There's a forced 25% rapid override when there's a toolchanger restore, I don't know if it can be continually triggered by some other event or internal fault/logic.

Try to get hold of Haastec, he probably can direct you to error codes or condition readings in diagnostics.

What year VF-1? My 1991 only goes to 50%. The 100% button does nothing.
Check the Diagnostics to be sure the door or other switches are reading correctly for maximum rapid.

Is the key turned to Setup?

I think that may be the problem. I'm not actually at the site of our sister shop that has this machine; am trying to figure out the problem from where I am. From what they tell me, this in fact is the issue. Thanks for your response.

Back