Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Haas uses closed loop servos and the tools checked out 0.0001" in Z after power cycle so the distance from machine zero. Interesting idea with the cup.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PriddyShiddy View Post
    Haas uses closed loop servos and the tools checked out 0.0001" in Z after power cycle so the distance from machine zero. Interesting idea with the cup.
    i do not use G52 but i have seen problems that were more a programming issue.
    Grid shift checking basically probes a spot X,Y, Z and B and W depending on machine.
    X, Y, Z is a certain distance from zero return position and if out of normal values i know there is a problem. i can adjust by parameter change and if i see a large shift of say .005 it often is detecting a mechanical problem. often small changes of less than .001" especially less than .0005 is just machine warming up.
    i also periodically go to zero return position (control panel axis light for axis on or green i use G28) especially Z and W on a bridge mill and look at machine coordinate values. some programs use a G92 shift of 1.000" and if values are 1" off i know i have to zero return, cycle start to eliminate G92 shift. my programs shift everything using G55, G56, G54.1 P1, etc
    i use in program
    #7004=.030+#5244
    this sets G54.1 P1 W +.030 of G55 W
    there is a setting number for each axis. the list is in my machine manuals. i can look on work coordinate offset screen and read values. i can see if say Z is different from G55 to G56
    G92 shifts are used to shift 1.000 and then to shift 1.000 back but if program restarted often the G92 is still in effect. so if i went to zero return position i would get incorrect numbers. usually if G54 Z0.0000 on work coordinate offset screen then at zero return position thats what machine coordinates should say it is at G54 Z0.0000
    if G55 Z-12.0000 on work coordinate screen than when at zero return position it should read G55 Z12.0000 or same value just +/- reversed
    some machines use a common offset that shifts all work offsets. common on horizontal mill so all work offsets like G54 when at zero are at center of rotary table and the top of rotary table. the common offset i can read on work offset screen. so if i have a horizontal head attachment on the common offset will shift W13.8036 to compensate for length of horizontal head attachment. when at zero return position if G54 work offset screen is W0.0000 then at zero return position the machine coordinates will read W-13.8036
    my point is going to work offset screen i can read the offsets numbers and compare to zero return position, machine coordinate numbers. when a G92 and possibly a G52 is used it can mess things up. at zero return position the machine coordinate numbers can be seen to not match the work offset number Combined with the common offset (common offset is basically effect all work offsets like a G92 but i can read it at any time)
    some machines use something like G92.1 to cancel any G92 but my machine does not support that.
    i have also seen where G55 Z.0050 and G54 Z0.0000 on work offset screen when reset pressed or program restarted if G54 active instead of G55 that can create a shift cause wrong work offset active
    also if using wear comp for tool offsets and if H1 is small like -.005 then that can create problems if G43 H1 Z1.0 is active or if G49 is active. reset to default values often can create problems. i have seen where G43 H2 in program not H1 and that little "mistake" can have big problems too. also some machines you need to give G43 H1 Z2.000 or state the axis like Z just giving G43 H1 does not necessarily set offset to Z
    ...... i have also seen gcode like G17 instead of G19 create all sorts of problems with tool comp too. just saying often a little mistake in programming can be difficult to see where the problem is

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since this problem just showed up and went away, I would agree that it seems to be a control issue.
    Does this machine have thermal comp and is it turned on?

https://diy.haascnc.com/sites/defaul...11_English.pdf See page 267.

If you have thermal comp turned on and this issue comes back, you can try and turn it off to see if the problem goes away. It could be either a sensor issue or a fault with the software algorithm.

4. Likes DavidScott liked this post