What's new
What's new

Please Help with old Haas mill parts

metalmaster10

Stainless
I have been looking around and not found an answer.
I have a 1993 “Tupperware” or “space pod” Haas VF-0. I need replacement doors and coolant/oil pump impeller.
I seem to remember seeing someone on here who ordered new doors recently, but I can’t find it now.
I emailed Haas 2 weeks ago and have not received an answer. I know there are several Haas guys here on the forum. I would be super appreciative if you could give me some pointers. I am not terribly impressed with our Midwest Haas dealer. If I were knocking at his door to write a full price check for a new machine I think he would be here the next day. However, when trying to have discussions with one of the dealers I was simply bombarded with an arrogant attitude that only comes from someone that thinks he has the only thing out there.
Sorry about this turning into a frustrated rant, but I’m hoping some of the HaasTEC’s on here can relay the message that not all is well in haasland. I will be buying new machines in the next 2 years and they don’t have to be has.
THANK YOU!

The doors can easily remade by any plastic fab shop with a bender - use the heat type, I had mine cold bent and they failed there and at the holes with cracking, getting new ones very soon. Be generous with the hole diameter and just tight enough with the fasteners.. always a lesson in failure :rolleyes5:

The pump is actually a Graymills and you can get an replacement impeller from Graingers, look for my "This old Haas" posts, I may have stated the part #. Contact me if you don't see it. Yea, dealers are a bit sluggish getting to you on parts, best to know exactly what you want and part # from the book so they don't have to work too hard. The wipers and tool forks are in stock but wold not expect you cant get the doors.

B

Thank you.
I tried to get pump info directly from graymills, since the pump has their name on the side and they said I had to go thru haas.... Some sort of legal parts agreement I guess. I will check grainier.
As to the doors, I don't think i have anyone in my area that can bend the lexan without breaking it, but I will check outside the box.;)

You don't need the exact pump, just meet the spec for power etc and wire it to the Haas plug.

Doors...have'm made. Same for polycarb windows on newer machines.

That's right on the pump, just match the spec then choose the parts, the length is the odd dimension as I recall. Out "In the field" this week, I'll look for the part # as soon as I can. The same case is for the tool changer motors, they are a Bison product but as soon as you mention the part # they clam up, I got a set of brushes that were exact fit, I'll look up that # too...

Thanks guys. I have found the same Graymills pump with a different #.... but I don't need the entire pump, just the impeller I believe. since the pump still runs, just doesn't pump.
My real frustration comes from haas not even returning my email as to whether they have parts or not.:wall:

Thanks guys. I have found the same Graymills pump with a different #.... but I don't need the entire pump, just the impeller I believe. since the pump still runs, just doesn't pump.
My real frustration comes from haas not even returning my email as to whether they have parts or not.:wall:

Yep, use that part # to get the parts only..
My impeller was worn and the cover cracked, the shaft bent, got parts from Graingers and fixed the shaft, but I think the biggest improvement was from removing the black iron pipe coolant line along the right side of the Z axis as seen from the door. This pipe was about 1/2 clogged with rust and crud as was the valve and nozzle block, cleaned it all up and replaced the pipe, much better but the pump itself is better off in a fish tank, getting a bigger one asap.

Machine tools are like cars now, dealers want you to buy new not keep the old running, no money in it for them.

All HFO's are not created equal...big reason I buy Haas is because of my HFO.
If it was not for them...very good chance one would see a pretty good mix of machines on my floor.

Bigger pump is nice...but found it made a mess with those open portals in front and low sides had the juice spilling out as it didn't drain fast enough and went back to that lil guy.

Call factory, my dealing with them have been pretty good.

Yep, not knocking em; Everything I have asked for from my HFO has been handled expediently, but the three times I have called direct to Haas has been not so much, perhaps my 1992 era machine nearly the same age as the person on the phone.

Good point on the issue of a larger pump, got enough leakage even with covers fitted to the openings, would love to have a later model steel cab with chip auger.

Good point on the issue of a larger pump, got enough leakage even with covers fitted to the openings, would love to have a later model steel cab with chip auger.

Steel enclosures have their issues too. I like the front portals at times as we can quickly rake out the chips in short time, followed by a wipe with rag and we are ready for next material. Steel box needs a wash down or getting in with hand broom to get chips into auger trough...then cleaning out trough is a major pain if you need to do a material swap.

I know this thread is a little old but I just now ran across it. I am the guy that replaced the door on here about a year ago. I toyed around with making my own door but a piece of plexi was about $10 less than what my local HFO wanted for a new door. As for the impeller, I bought a new impeller and housing straight from Graymills. Use the number on the side of the pump, I talked to a girl about the order and she was very helpful. Let me know if you need any further help and I will see what I can dig up from when I got my parts.
Steve

Old impeller

Door came with the the metal trim? What did they cost, if I may ask - my HFO said they were not available. I spent $360 for a pair made from abrasion resistant lexan.

The door did not come with the trim, you have to reuse the original trim. I had all of my trim and similar parts redone in black oxide. I think the plexi door cost me around 80. I only needed one door and it had to come from California.
Steve

Back