What's new
What's new

Problem with haas ST-10 lathe machine

corvuscorax4

Plastic
Hi,

i have problem with my haas lathe machine. I didnt use it for a while and when i tried to start up it i got this screen as in the picture attached. Maybe somebody have somthing like that and know how to fix it? Also i would like to know somebody tell me that i cant conect my laptop directly to haas machine via RS 323 conection because of higher voltage in this conection and i need something like converter otherwise i could burn my laptop is it true? thank you for any help.20171116_112755.jpg20171116_112758.jpg

I've had the similar situation. They told me from the Service that it's probably the battery. But don't change the battery by yourself unless you're trained. You may lose all your programs, settings, offsets... You may even lose the OS of the machine.

Not sure about your first issue.

But, that thing about RS232 burning up your computer is simply not true. You can connect any 9 pin RS232 port on a computer to the machine. However, you need a 9-25 pin cable with a built in null modem or a 9 pin null modem in line with a normal 9 to 25 pin cable.

Back