What's new
What's new

Problems using VQC on Haas TM-3P

nicholasnbailey

Aluminum
I typically use the VQC to use the work probe and tool probe to set offsets and tool lengths. Today everything was working just fine until I tried to probe something else. I can put in all of the required data in the VQC, but when I select to output the code to MDI all I get in the MDI screen is o90000. This problem has me stumped, I've tried shutting the entire machine off and turning it back on, but that did not help anything. Has anyone ever had a similar problem and know how to fix it?

Thats a new one for me. Can you execute the program by typing in the G65 and relevant info? I would try that and make sure everything is still loaded in the memory. You can also try turning the 9000 series program lock off so you can see them in the memory list, if you are not currently running like that. I think the x plus edge find is G65 P9023 A5. S54. Move your probe into the air (so there are no obstructions in any axis) and try that code in MDI and see what happens. Does not explain why you are getting that glitch, but at least can see if probe and macros are still functioning correctly...

Okay I was able to use a G65 and the relevant info, and used it to probe the x and y axes. When I went to try the z axis it gave me the error of OMP40 NOT CALIBRATED. Now I can not use the probe at all.

Okay I was able to use a G65 and the relevant info, and used it to probe the x and y axes. When I went to try the z axis it gave me the error of OMP40 NOT CALIBRATED. Now I can not use the probe at all.

Any time the Renishaw programs do not work correctly for whatever strange reason, 9 out of 10 times reloading the Renishaw programs will fix most problems. In your case, I would recommend a full recalibration after that as well.
Good luck!

I have not seen that error before (OMP40 not calibrated). I would do as said above ^ reload software if possible and start from scratch and recalibrate your probe and toolsetter both.

Back